Who we are and how you can contact us?
We are TN Cook Limited. Our registered office and place of business is at Close House Farm, Otley Road, Skipton, BD23 6DR. Our phone number is 01756 792491 and email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information we collect
When you enquire to us we will ask for relevant contact information. This may include (but isn’t limited to): your name, address, landline phone number, mobile phone number, email address and the company or organisation you’re calling from if you’re calling on behalf of a business.
Please note that we may also keep a record of any correspondence between us.
We, or third parties we use or employ (such as Google analytics) may also collect other information about you and the devices you use to access our website by using technologies such as ‘cookies’.
This may include some or all of the following: how you connect to the internet, screen resolution, browser data stored on your device (such as cookies), information about the internet browser, location data: Country, city, and region of the IP address you used when accessing our website.
This data is used to optimise our web pages for different users and screen sizes - your data is anonymous and can’t be used you identify you as an individual. We may also collect IP address details in our web logs to help protect the services we provide to you – (to identify and eliminate ‘spam’ or suspicious activity and help us prevent unauthorised automated systems sending multiple requests to us or our website).
Information relating to your appliance(s)
The nature of our business means we build long-lasting relationships with our customers. We keep information on the appliances we sell and their service / maintenance / warranty history. We keep this information to help us or a subsequent owner look after the appliance in future.
Where the services we provide carry a cost, we will ask you to provide some payment information. Payment information may include credit card and debit card details.
How we use your information
To provide you with our services – we use your information to contact you as a returning or new customer and to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts between us.
We use payment information to take payment for our products and services. This information is not stored for future use (so we’ll have to ask for it again when we provide you with products or services in future).
We may also use the information to help us improve our services. This may include analysing questions or requests so we can adapt to better answer these queries and improve the quality and relevance of what we do for you.
We also ask for information so we can keep our records up to date, or for administrative purposes, or to resolve a complaint or dispute should the need arise.
Information on appliances is used to help us service and maintain them efficiently and keep a log of the work we’ve carried out.
The legal basis on which we collect and process the personal data depends on the personal information concerned and the context in which we collect it. However, we will only use your personal information where we:
- - Have your permission to do so;
- - Have a legal obligation to collect personal information;
- - Need the information to carry out work or fulfil a contract with you;
- - Need the information to protect your safety, vital interests or those of another person;
- - Need to process your information for our legitimate interests and only where these interests are not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights or freedoms.
- - We will comply with the law and various rules and regulations, and on certain occasions need to collect some information to help us do this.
(For example – we ‘notify’ our gas work to the local authority which involves address and appliance data being sent via the Gas Safe Register.)
If anything changes from what we’ve set out above in the way we use your information we’ll ask your permission to use it first.
Who we share your information with
We only collect and store the information we need to enable us to provide our services to you.
We will only share your information with third parties where necessary, and then only the relevant information (an example would be passing an address to a manufacturer for warranty purposes or as detailed in the example of the Gas Safe Register above).
We will not pass your information to anyone else for third-party marketing purposes.
We may share some of your information with some of our suppliers who process data (such as a specialist company who maintain our mailing list and ensure compliance with further security, safety and privacy measures).
If you have opted-in to our mailing list we may send you marketing information based on your previous enquiry. However you can change your preference and let us know if you don’t want to receive any marketing information at any point by unsubscribing from our marketing mailing list.
This is separate from us contacting you regarding ongoing service, maintenance or the safe operation of an appliance we look after or a service we provide. (You can change your preference and opt out of this too by letting us know you would like no further contact at all.)
Data retention period
We will hold information for as long as it is relevant or necessary to enable us to carry out our work for you, or as long as deemed necessary by our ‘legitimate interests’ to help look after an old appliance which has been taken over by the new owners of a property. (The appliances we sell last many years so details on old appliances are retained for when new owners contact us for repairs or maintenance.)
Your rights as a ‘Data Subject’
As a ‘Data Subject’ you are granted certain ‘information rights’, summarised below:
- - Right of access - You have the right to obtain a copy of information we hold about you.
- - Right of rectification or erasure - If you feel that any data that we hold about you is inaccurate, you have the right to ask us to correct or rectify it. You can also ask for information that’s no longer needed to be erased.
- - Right to restriction of processing - You have a right to request that we refrain from processing your data (please note that in some cases to comply with the law we may have to retain some data).
- - Right to Portability - You have a right to receive any personal data that you have provided to us in order to transfer it onto another data controller where the processing is based on consent and is carried out by automated means.
- - Right to Object - You have a right to object to our processing your personal data where the basis of the processing is our legitimate interests including but not limited to direct marketing and profiling.
- - Right to Withdraw Consent – We process your data based on your consent for us to do so. You have the right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal data.
- - Right of Complaint - You also have the right to lodge a complaint about any aspect of how we are handling your data with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office, which can be contacted at www.ico.org.uk.
- - Right to Opt-out of Marketing Communications - You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send to you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in any marketing emails we send you. To opt out of other forms of marketing please contact us using the contact details provided.
International transfer of data
We do not envisage transferring any of your information to anyone outside the UK or European Economic Area however some of our suppliers may use companies or services who do. Should this be the case any information will be handled so all the relevant security and safety measures and laws are adhered to.